Last week I had to use my wife’s powerful laptop. Since downloaded sources take approx. 13 GB, starting from scratch would be not especially efficient. So I had to copy the stuff and met some problems. Of course, it was up to absolute paths contained in configuration files and created temporary data. Following points are important:
- delete old .oe directory from your home directory if there was one before
- change saved_tempdir file in ../angstrom/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc as there is a absolute path to the original temporary directory in it (do simple `pwd` > saved_tempdir)
- delete content of ../angstrom/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc, leave only saved_tempdir file in it
- delete site.conf and sanity-info files contained in ../angstrom/setup-scripts/conf, they are being created while running MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh config beagleboard
- sometimes, but do not ask why, sanity.conf contained in ../angstrom/setup-scripts/sources/openembedded-core/meta/conf must be touched. Rules for this behavior remain unknown.
This instruction sounds to be simple and short, but discovering it took quite a while. I hope it will help you !
Another bad thing found is u-boot recipe error, deployment is done only once, after building for first time. The only method to do it again is running following commands with –force option:
bitbake -f -c clean u-boot
bitbake -f -c deploy u-boot
Only this combo works! bitbake u-boot doesn’t – copying from staging area fails, although logfile comment remarks an attempt to do that!